You may be wondering which scenes you can choose from to perform for your assignment.
The piece you chose will depend on your understanding or interest in a particular play or scene, and whether you wish to work on your own or with someone else. Choose ONE piece from the following:
- Hamlet (Act 3, Scene 1, lines 58-89) “To be or not to be”
- Richard III (Act 1, Scene 1, lines 1-42) “Now is the winter of our discontent”
- Richard III (Act 5, Scene 3, lines 189- 218) Richard’s dream (Monologue, performed by two people)
- Romeo and Juliet (Act 2, Scene 2, lines 33-73) The Balcony scene
For Groups of Three
- Macbeth (Act 4, Scene 1, lines 1-45) The Three Witches- “Double, Double, Toil and Trouble“
Your task in preparation for your assignment is to watch the following videos, to help you decide which piece you would like to perform.
Don’t forget that you can find all the videos that you need on the Student T Drive. The videos for your performance pieces can be found in the folder entitled”Week 3- The Plays”.